Olive oil, Oils & Fats
The chemical analyses of olives and olive-pomace oils represent one of the core business of Q&Q Analysis Food Quality Services laboratory. It is the sector in which the company has the most significant competence and experience gained through many years of service and its specific interest in the field.
Q&Q Analysis Food Quality Services laboratory detection objectives
- Evaluate the oil product category based on current legislation;
- Assess compliance with European regulations on the marketing of olives and olive-pomace (EEC Reg 2568/91 and subsequent amendments);
- Assess compliance of the products with commercial and international standards (IOC and CODEX ALIMENTARIUS)
- Assess compliance of the products with sale specifications, the technical specifications of the large-scale retail trade and the requirements made by non-EU countries;
- Assess compliance of the products with the PDO / PGI production specifications as per current legislation;
- Assess nutritional profiles and drafting of Nutritional Tables Eu. Reg.1169/2011
- Assess the health profile also for the purpose of the specification of Nutritional Claims on the label (Polyphenols such as Hydroxytyrosol and Tyrosol, Vitamin E, Tocopherols, Saturated Fatty Acids, Omega 3, Omega 6) pursuant to EC Reg. 1924/2006 and EU Reg. 432/2012
- Assess compliance of the products with the current food safety regulations regarding contaminants (EC Reg. 1881/2006 and subsequent amendments, EC Reg. 149/2008 and subsequent amendments, CODEX).
For any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.